Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Benefits of Hibiscus



LOL... yes I'm talking about the flower.... In addition to being pretty and fragrant, the hibiscus flower also offers a lot of health benefits.

Health benefits of the hibiscus flower include:

Lowering blood pressure... scientific studies have proven what non-traditional medical practictioners have known for centuries... hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure by successfully preventing oxidation of low-density lipoprotein. But don't just take my word for it read about it here: http://www.webmd.com/heart/news/20081110/hibiscus-tea-may-cut-blood-pressure or watch it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wts2HHW1AdM

Packed with vitamin C, hibiscus is also helpful in boosting your immune system and
helping to recover from colds

Hibiscus tea also helps fight cholesterol and CAN AID IN LOSING WEIGHT... yep yep that pretty little flower acts a diuretic and can reduce your appetite. AND it's caffeine free!!!

Now I couldn't leave this blog without telling you all about the benefits of hibiscus on HAIR!!! Hibiscus helps prevent dandruff, HAIR LOSS, and helps prevent split ends... Indian women have been using hibiscus treatments for decades and rave about its ayurvedic powers.

Personally, I have added hibiscus oil to my scalp massage oils and added hibiscus water to my leave-in conditioner.... I also suffer from high blood pressure (apparently a side effect of lupus) and have been drinking the hibiscus tea daily for a week. I'll let you know how it goes after 30 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment