Friday, June 25, 2010

Tea Rinses Reduce Shedding

We get a lot of emails from you guys about excessive shedding. If you follow us at all you know that I suffer from lupus and take various medications to combat this disease. One of these medicines, a very strong steroid, was causing my hair to come out in clumps and me to collapse in tears. I had read several blogs about garlic but it really didn't do much for my hair and I really could not stomach the smell. Fortunately, I discovered a great alternative: black tea rinses.

To accomplish a black tea rinse you'll need to brew up some regular black tea (I like Earl Grey and English breakfast but you can use any black tea you like)... Let it cool, then wash your hair. You can either pour the tea directly over your head, catch it in a bowl and repeat that step 4 more times or you can pour the tea in and immediately cover your head with a plastic bag and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then rinse and deep condition.

Don't try to comb your hair before you DC because the tea will make your hair feel very coarse and combing will lead to breakage. You will notice the results immediately and tea rinses can be done weekly.


Even in a world of chaos, you can have a Healthy State of Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment